can't deliver the max speed message

Nir x7

hey,
i doing a project to the Rail.
In the end, this "pocket job aid" should be on the train drivers tablets, that the drivers use while they work.

this particular page is for the speed limit and i'm having some difficulties to deliver the message correctly.

i've made this example for you (translated and made things up), if you could please help me think it through.

this is the scenario:
train leave from point A to point B and in it's path there are stations it goes through.
near every station there's its km and on the right side there's the "problematic" graph i made.
i need to make it up that the drivers could understand the max speed they can drive at any point of the way (km/h).

i hope you can understand.
i.e - from the point of station 2 (71.493) to the point of km 18.207 the max speed they can drive is 80.
from this point till km 0.900 its 70.

we did a pilot and most of the drivers didn't get it. they didn't understand their max speed points.
which means the graph is not good enough.

anyone can please help me?
any suggestions?

pres1.jpg

Don’t do it as a graph.

Keep it simple. Just show the max speed in the section they are in then the distance to and speed of the next section.

Yeah seems like you're trying to over complicate things.... take a look at how road signs work, they show a lot of information in very simple ways.

Back