Can't code Won't code!

Wow I love languages can't speak much more than GCSE French, so mmm... yeah none.
So going to learn a few though after I finish my teaching myself more about health, nutrition and fitness then body language as in when someone's lying to you and what body language means if you get to me, sort of like what they do on Lie to me. I love that programme. But so want to learn French, Spanish and German, just wish I had got the erge when I was 20 you know.

So what about you?
Did you go the uni route in New Zealand?
And was that before or after you played for the All blacks and did your err...knee in? :D

:p I went over to NZ to work ... as it was the furthest away from the UK before coming back on yourself. Thats where I went to the gym lots lost a load of fat, put on a load of muscle (which has not reverted to fat LOL) and started playing amateur rugby for Auckland, in doing so met loads of Maori and Samoan rugby players and learnt some of their native language.. then left there a few years ago to come back here because my b***h of an ex girlfriend (she is a new zealander and I met her while I was living there) over there decided that she wanted to kill me while we were together shortly after the death of our daughter in childbirth (which is still a very sore subject for me.. she would be 4 years old now :( ). She stabbed me multiple times and slammed my hand in a fire door (I almost lost one finger on my right hand).. I was almost done for assault, as the police out there thought I was beating her up (because i was well built) which I wasn't and never did, as I explained it was her assaulting me.

Subsequently I managed to leave after some counseling and therapy, and I now have my ex on a restraining order which doesn't allow her to enter the country without my permission, under no circumstances.

Now i'm happy and in love. Living with my fiance, Natalie, in Milton Keynes, after meeting in London on the tube.

So yeah.. thats my story.. warts 'n all.

OMG sod talking about my job, I'll give you the podium to talk about your entire life fella. Jease. :D
Sorry to hear about your daughter though, no-one deservers that. :(

But it does sound like you have made the right discussion and come back to merry old England, where even merry strangers on the tube might be your next wife.

That sounds really romantic TBH, yes, yes I am a sap I know, he says welling up with his hand in his mouth. :cry:
Where have those tissues gone, never around when you flaming need them. :<

Sod this thread howz your day now? lol.

LOL well I didn't mean to make you cry Jaz :)

My day is good mate.. just pottering along and getting ready for xmas :)

you're getting a Wii :D cool beans mate .. if you get it all connected and have MarioKart.. i'll give you a race :D :lol:

Yeah I'm getting Mario kart and the new one in Jan, kinda went a bit nuts and spent all my freelance on it from the last 4 months, console, 3 extra controllers, 2 guns, mat, steering wheel that's £500+ there then shed loads of games for the kids, mrs and me. It probably was not my finest discussion if I'm honest, but hay this xmas will be fun anyway.

But hay it'll be worth it just to whoop your ass. :D
Simple life?
What's one of them Mrp2049? :)

Bloody hell Jaz.. now thats a set of kit.. you forgot something though :p a wireless keyboard for the Wii to do websurfing LOL

what new one in Jan? Is there a new MarioKart out in Jan? :)

thats always a good thing Mike :) keep your simple life :) don't ever let it get out of hand with people with knives :)

WHAT THERE IS A WIRELESS KEYBOARD, and you can surf the web via the Wii????? :blink:

I so didn't know that, oooo all spent out now. :cry:

But yeah I know it was a tad stupid TBF.

No I am going to get MarioKart in Jan, got the other racing one can't remember what that is called TBH though, but I play on the Wii at work with the kids and I like the MarioKart version.

O yeah I left that out about why I love my job, get paid to play on the Wii, lol. It's a hard job but someones got to do it.

We have a Wii coming from Santa this Christmas...hmm.
I'm a PS3 Modern Warfare sort of fella. Can you kill on a Wii?
It's for the kids of course.
My daughter is going to be the lucky owner of an Apple 12" Powerbook.
She's been twisting my ear for ages now. No Dell or HP I said. (I made a stand there).
Oh...she's 9. Get 'em up to speed with OSX early.

Trees up, decs sorted, prezzies wrapped, booze bought.
Sorted. Bring it on!

Question. Do PS2 Singstar mics work on a Wii? I get mixed reports from the interesting net.

People who know coding are very in demand these days. It allows you to customize websites to the clients specific needs. Not to mention that if you know it well enough you can possibly land some very well paid jobs out there, what with almost every business wanting to showcase themselves on the web.

Yeah, that's why I am learning those myself and I intend to return to school. I have recently started with basic HTML, then will move on to more advanced then other things like CSS, and PhP. I thought it looked rediculously complicated at first too, and I never saw myself doing that until recently, but it is pretty simple. If you start with Basic HTML that lays the groundwork for the more advanced stuff. If you want, here is the site Ive been using to learn it.

W3Schools

I dont think its an absolute... but i think it would help alot in terms of offering a comprehensive service..... and money for you ;)

@Rhonda
Thats a good resource you linked to if you have the patience I do like the test this yourself or what ever it is called option and you can see what the code does first hand.

@IanRarity
Totally agree with you fella, it does give an advantage. :)

@Typo
House of the dead with guns dude can't get much more killing than that. But COD2 and COD WAW have been release for it, want COD2 though. :cry:

I brought my 5 yr old a laptop for his birthday he loves it, PC though as I will mold him into a coding geek like me, not like your future 9 year old designer. :(

Back