Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't argue with this really, can you?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Love Creative UK, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Love Creative UK

Love Creative UK New Member

Want to know why Apple won't adopt Flash on it's mobile devices....

Thoughts on Flash

What are your thoughts?
  2. thinkingforward2010

thinkingforward2010 New Member

Adobe retaliated with this
  3. sweetums

sweetums Member

I wonder how long Adobe will stay away from Apple, with the iPad selling much faster than predicted and also now that they are the world's biggest tech company Apple-overtakes-Microsoft.

I think it will be interesting to see where Flash is in 3 years time.
  4. JohnRoss

JohnRoss Member

Lots of people think Flash is doomed to be replaced by HTML 5. If so, and Adobe thinks the same way, there's no point in them making a big effort to get Flash accepted on Apple mobiles, they haven't got time to get their money back on any investment they might make.

Whether or not HTML 5 is the replacement, Flash has never been entirely satisfactory. After all, it was only a cute little animation programme originally, filling a gap no-one else did, no way can I see it retaining its present importance. Has anyone tried out Flash CS5, even the demo? As far as I can tell, it's not much different from Flash CS4, while other apps are supposed to have been much more radically overhauled (I haven't had time to try any of them yet). When software is approaching the end of its commercial life, manufacturers stop developing it seriously, that's what happened with WordPerfect all those years ago, and my wife and I suspect it's what is happening with Quark now.
  5. this_is_peter

this_is_peter New Member

Adobe's conquest to conquer the world has to end somewhere and with Apple its the end of the road. Flash is great in its own right but there are many more emerging technologies that serve us better in todays world. There has always been issues with it somewhere on a certain browser, platform etc.

Agreed Adobe has the buying power to push prices up with the likes of CS etc. But they must not be allowed to force us into using there technology. You Tube is breaking away from it and I wish some other would too.

And in answer to sweetums quote about where Flash will be in three years time. The answer is simple. It will be in a box at the back of the cupboard in Adobe's lab. The end is in sight.

Right behind you Apple.
  6. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

I wonder if things had been different if Adobe hadn't bought Macromedia and killed every one of their products. What would Macromedia have done with Flash by now? More than Adobe I bet.