Canon Powershot + iStopMotion

Lord Daz

Hello!

I would like to use my (old) Canon S90 as input Camera on iStopMotion. How can I Plug in the Camera in to iStopMotion?

TThank you for any advice!!
L.D.

You should have a connection somewhere on the camera for connecting it to a computer via a USB lead. However, it may not work due to the age of the camera, and also it being a 'point and shoot'.

From the Boinx.com:
Many digital still cameras support a USB connection to a computer to download images taken with the camera. Usually, this USB connection can not be used for anything else. Some cameras support a protocol called PTP that allows the computer to control the camera to a certain extend. iStopMotion supports the use of this protocol with a special animation mode. Using this mode you have to make do without the live preview ghosting that is the biggest feature of iStopMotion, so we do not recommend it. If you already have a digital still camera which you want to use due to lack of alternatives, we recommend that you download a demo version of iStopMotion and test if it works with your camera.

Hello!

I would like to use my (old) Canon S90 as input Camera on iStopMotion. How can I Plug in the Camera in to iStopMotion?

TThank you for any advice!!
L.D.
Don't think it's going to happen, it's not on the supported camera list which is basically just a list of slr's which will have the ability to directly link with a pc. And while the camera is a digital stills camera it seems that it only has limited support for ptp and doesn't look to support the necessary features for it to work.

Back