Canny Creative Website Redesign

Jordan said:
The middle section looks off to me. What size grid you working to?
Should be fine, unless my eyes have gone wonky. 960gs.
I wasn't sure on the brand. And not sure on the top bar following thing, that annoys me on websites so I'd probably not do it on mine. Not sure yet though. Really want to dig around into some coding soon!

I think its getting there mate, looking good.
Not so sure about the logo and navigation, Neither are aligned left or aligned right...its sorta...in between. Its not centered either...Looks a little random

You've got to sort that footer out too :p
I think you might be over compensating, in terms of space needed. Why don't you fill it in and then see how much you really need. I think that dark grey bar at the bottom has to go, it clashes with the clean emphasis in the rest of the design.

Can't help but feel there's too many recent posts in that section...

This finally got finished today. I'll get some images up online over the weekend for people to comment on then head into coding it on Monday!

Tony, do you not work locally or are you just uploading it to that domain once you have made some progress to show off?

it's under dev.canny-creative because it's still being worked on, wouldn't put lorem ipsum on a live site lol

Levi said:
it's under dev.canny-creative because it's still being worked on, wouldn't put lorem ipsum on a live site lol
Clearly. I was just asking about the use of it?? Maybe I should have expanded a little. How do you use such a domain name? would have been a better start.

Oh, I just work locally, then because I normally push it around to Sean (Lee-Amies) and Mark (Simulator) to have a bit of a look at now and again, I push any significant changes etc "live".

DavoSmith said:
Clearly. I was just asking about the use of it?? Maybe I should have expanded a little. How do you use such a domain name? would have been a better start.
oh....my bad... it's a sub domain, it should be accessible via 'subdomains' if you have cpanel on your website. It usually redirects the subdomain to a folder or similar on your main domain although I've got one that redirects to my home ip (fixed) as well. You can then just treat the folder like you would for any other website design.

Levi said:
oh....my bad... it's a sub domain, it should be accessible via 'subdomains' if you have cpanel on your website. It usually redirects the subdomain to a folder or similar on your main domain although I've got one that redirects to my home ip (fixed) as well. You can then just treat the folder like you would for any other website design.
Right on. I went through it a little with Tony yesterday. I've still alot to learn regarding online work of that nature for sure.

Sean Lee-Amies said:
Have you worked with cPanel much?
Oh me Sean, not at all pal..... I cheated with my site, already had 123-reg hosting and used their Wordpress App to install so kinda skipped around everything. I've customised to site more to my liking with css, but I'd certainly love to put something together from scratch EXACTLY how I want.

We'll see. For now, my brain is elsewhere. Ha.

Back