Can you use these fonts for commercial use??

jma123456

Hi

I came across (and still do) many nice fonts in adobe illustrator that I didn't personally instal to my Mac. I want to use a certain font family (Avenir and Avenir next, both have various weights), but as this font came pre installed, I don't know if I can use them commercially in a logo for example. I went into font book and found who created the font, contacted them and they were unsure and said I need to speak to the computer or programme manufacturers. I have no idea if this font comes with the adobe suite or if its a Mac font, either way, I'm pretty confused if the makers of the font don't know themselves?

Anyone ever have the same issue or can help explain ?

Thanks in advance

Both fonts are on my Mac so I'd imagine that they're system fonts.

I'd imagine that as they're supplied on the system you must have the licence to use them as part of your purchase of your Mac.

"F. Fonts. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you may use the fonts included with the Apple Software to display and print content while running the Apple Software; however, you may only embed fonts in content if that is permitted by the embedding restrictions accompanying the font in question. These embedding restrictions can be found in the Font Book/Preview/Show Font Info panel."

Back