Can this be made into a path?

Martyn Ball

I want to use the following image on my website, however I want to animate it as if it's being written, so it needs to be 1 single path.

Can this kind of shape be made, or will I have to just try and make something similar?

Or could the black areas around it be masked off and then a rough path behind it be used, so then this would be transparent.

ydJu8XJ.gif

There are quite a few ways of making that painted on animation effect in either After Effects or Photoshop.
I recall doing one myself once.
I guess it depends on the look you want.

There are a lot of tut's on Youtube if you search out "painted logo reveal, blob or whatever"

I think you'd struggle to create that using a single path although the nearest you may get it is using the "Free Transform Tool" in Illustrator which allows you to bloat and contract the width of the same path.
Not sure how that would import into something like Ae or Ps though.

I'm guessing that if it's for the web it'll need to be a .gif in which case you'll probably best to use Ps or do it in Ae ind import it into Ps to export as a .gif.

Thanks for the reply, but I need it to be a pure SVG which I can then change the code so the path it filled gradually. Which is why I need to convert this text to a path but look the same.

Back