Can somebody help with this FONT?

h_freezy

I just wanted to know what font was used in the image below.
cheers

also any suggestions for good fashion fonts.

Attachments

• plaza-suite-logo.jpg
    plaza-suite-logo.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 24
No idea what the font is and tried uploading the pic to What the Font but to no avail either.

I have placed the font on the My Fonts forum and asked if anyone knows what font it is...lets see what happens!

Post 996: It's a badly hand drawn font, you can tell as the 'a' are different, and the typography drawing is all over the shop.Very crude and uneven, all the stems are different weights and the last letter is horrendously cobbled together. It would also be fairly impossible to kern the letters to create the join.

Who needs What the Font when we've got Berry :)

You should set up a little font spotting service on the side Berry ;)

Post 997: Because I started my career in 1976 B.C ( Before Computers) I spent the first 6 years hand drawing every font in the world for all the ad and design layouts visual with ink or magic marker. You learn a lot about typography when you have to draw the buggers 7 hours a day!

Berry said:
Post 996: It's a badly hand drawn font, you can tell as the 'a' are different, and the typography drawing is all over the shop.Very crude and uneven, all the stems are different weights and the last letter is horrendously cobbled together. It would also be fairly impossible to kern the letters to create the join.

can you do a better version then? I really need this font badly

the only real option you have h_freezy is getting a copy of FontMaker and making it yourself... just my opinion

Berry said:

Lol.. I thought the font was called Post 996 so my attempt at a joke sucked a bit :)

Not really awake today..sorry :)

On 2nd thoughts Berry is right...it will be almost impossible to get the font to behave like it is in the picture so hand drawing what you need may be the answer...how much text/what are you looking to set in that font?

Drawing just what you need instead of making a whole new font will be quicker and cheaper I reckon!

h_freezy said:
also any suggestions for good fashion fonts.

It depends very much on the style of Fashion. But Futura (Dolce & Gabbana and Louis Vuitton both use this), Avantgarde, Avenir, Chalet (Chanel) are good options for high end designer fashion if that's the style you're after.

For boutique fashion I'd look at hand drawn etc. or perhaps customize your own font. Beyond the Valley is a very succesful boutique fashion store in London and I really like their branding.

Beyond The Valley Store, London

No doubt - Berry is right about the hand crafted font! It is indeed very uneven and the curves aren't right, says a man who also started working "B.C."
But the question is: Where did you pick up this graphic, h_freezy? I would go and ask there, 'cause they should know, shouldn't they? ;-)

Try Google for these FREE fonts:

AnAkronism (the "P" looks right!)
Ballpark
Beyond Wonderland ITC
Carrington
Creampuff
Gigi
Hurricane
the King & Queen font

Back