can some one help??

C

chrismitchell

I've got a bit of a problem with a drop down menu in IE that I can't fix for some stupid reason or another...

If you look at Luxury Ski Chalets, Ski Holidays in Sainte Foy, French Alps: Venture Ski - : Luxury Ski Chalets, Ski Holidays in Sainte Foy, French Alps: Venture Ski in Internet Explorer it doesn't display the drop downs properly.. I've tried de-bugging the thing in Firebug etc etc, but it doesn't tell me anything...

Can anyone just have a look and let me know how to fix this bloody thing :mad::mad:

Is it the 'blue gradient' bit in ie... where it's white in firefox. Noticed the top 1 or 2 menu items shifts the drop down a pixel of two too in firefox.. think that's a different font size.

If I was to hazard a guess I'd say it's some sort of ie specific css such as this
Code:
background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #517299 0%,#7db9e8 100%); /* IE10+ */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#517299', endColorstr='#7db9e8',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */ background: linear-gradient(top, #517299 0%,#7db9e8 100%); /* W3C */
in 'style.css' under the .sfHover li a:hover heading

Got to say your method seems awfully convoluted compared with Harry's though...
Creating a pure CSS dropdown menu — CSS Wizardry—CSS, Web Standards, Typography, and Grids by Harry Roberts

I've messed around with that and it's pretty easy to use :)

Back