Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can some one help??

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by chrismitchell, May 10, 2012.

1. I've got a bit of a problem with a drop down menu in IE that I can't fix for some stupid reason or another...

If you look at Luxury Ski Chalets, Ski Holidays in Sainte Foy, French Alps: Venture Ski - : Luxury Ski Chalets, Ski Holidays in Sainte Foy, French Alps: Venture Ski in Internet Explorer it doesn't display the drop downs properly.. I've tried de-bugging the thing in Firebug etc etc, but it doesn't tell me anything...

Can anyone just have a look and let me know how to fix this bloody thing :mad::mad:
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Is it the 'blue gradient' bit in ie... where it's white in firefox. Noticed the top 1 or 2 menu items shifts the drop down a pixel of two too in firefox.. think that's a different font size.

If I was to hazard a guess I'd say it's some sort of ie specific css such as this
    background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #517299 0%,#7db9e8 100%); /* IE10+ */ filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#517299', endColorstr='#7db9e8',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */ background: linear-gradient(top, #517299 0%,#7db9e8 100%); /* W3C */
    in 'style.css' under the .sfHover li a:hover heading

Got to say your method seems awfully convoluted compared with Harry's though...
    Creating a pure CSS dropdown menu — CSS Wizardry—CSS, Web Standards, Typography, and Grids by Harry Roberts

I've messed around with that and it's pretty easy to use :)