Calling Glasgow-based designers

Tis the season to be... planning Christmas work nights out. This got me thinking.

I now work from home for myself and won't be getting a works night out this year <sniff> and spending time by yourself can get a bit anti-social. I initially thought about arranging a 'sole traders' night out for some friends and other local folk - but why stop there?

Would the Glasgow folk on here be interested in a regular meet to get out of the home-office? Something like a Friday a fortnight, have lunch or a pint or whatever, and discuss the really important matters - like CS5, web 2.0 logos and PC vs. Mac.

Just gauging interest at the moment, tell me what you think.

Hi Lee, I might be interested.

I've been working for myself for over 3 years now, and I don't get a Xmas night out! Although last December I was in London with my girlfriend and her mate as they were going to a gig, so I went and had my "xmas night out" on my own at the cinema in the o2 dome. Was a good night, if not a bit quiet.

Anyway...we have been running a meetup in Ayr once a month called Twitayr (#twitayr), which I am sure you would be welcome to join if you like. It's a mix of freelancers and local developers (a couple work for a bigger agency, and one the council) and we get together for a few cokes/drinks and food in a local pub. It's usually on a Thursday around 5/5:30pm.

But if you do get something going in Glasgow as well, I'd come up depending on days/times.

Iain.

It would've been worth the drive down... now that the M8 isn't blocked with snow!!

I noticed on your site it says that your tinkering with CSS for your new site... If you need any help with Flash related things I may be able to help. (insert abuse on how the use of Flash is now blasphemy)

Chris Lord said:
It would've been worth the drive down... now that the M8 isn't blocked with snow!!

I noticed on your site it says that your tinkering with CSS for your new site... If you need any help with Flash related things I may be able to help. (insert abuse on how the use of Flash is now blasphemy)

Thanks Chris! Sorry, I never saw the post til just now.

FWIW my new site is now up (link in sig). Whew, a lot of hand-coding in CSS taught me a few things, and gave me a headache. I have still a sh*t load to learn about coding languages!

And... yes, I'll be steering clear of Flash for sites from now on. I'd love to learn some HTML5, I've seen some pretty cool stuff using it.

On the original topic, anyone interested in a Glasgow meet - over a beer, a bit of banter etc?

Back