Calling all creatives!

laura89

Hey everyone! I'm in the process of developing an exciting new website/marketplace experience for graphic designers and general creative folks and I would really appreciate some help for my market research.

Basically what I'm looking to find out is what types of people use websites like Creative Market to source assets e.g. professional designers, freelancers or hobbyists and what type of content do you look for?

Please feel free to share any further info on the subject.

Thank you for any time you can spare on this! :)

I am guilty :) I have purchased font packs, blank product mock-ups, Photo packs and brushes from creative market and am selling Icon packs for finance/business markets and a blackboard feel.
For some projects it has been a life saver, if I need a quick mock-up to show my work and was unable to create my own. Some of the WordPress plugins are also very need :)

I can't say I do often either... although I do sometimes grab 'asset packs' for renderings etc to save me modelling furniture and the likes but I doubt that's something you'd cater for anyway.

I used to keep an eye on the 'free stuff' on places like graphic river because they sometimes had something worthwhile that MAY come in handy but truthfully I never actually used anything I grabbed while it was on offer...

I used CM for the first time only a couple of weeks ago to purchase a font license for a client. With the exception of fonts, I create everything myself from scratch, as my clients usually want something that is not already in use by 1000s of other people.

I only really use the PSDCovers plugin for mocking up sites/apps for my portfolio or to present to a client. I've never really looked at creative marketplaces since most of what I do need to have complete ownership and transfer rights.

The only thing I would get from sites like Creative Market is product mockups to show clients what their brand could look like.

Back