Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call of Duty Black OPS

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Nov 9, 2010.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

So, who has it?

Xbox360 gamertags?

Played it for an hour last night, got to level 10, decent up to now!

2. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

PC. wasn't expecting much, especially after the fail of MW2, only brought it to add to my collection.

3. glenwheeler

PC gaming is Dead IMO, so much hacking and mods etc...whats the point

4. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

All the staff at my local GAME were cam'ed up and in (rather sexy) black-ops T-Shirts and DPM. I walked straight past black ops and bought force unleashed 2 :p

5. glenwheeler

I bought Black Op's yesterday and dressed up in my camo clothes and jumped around my room with the handset with surround sound on shooting at and being shot at by other people..was great fun..

Shame you bought a game with light bulb swords tho :p

6. wac

wac Senior Member

I want the game badly but when MW2 came out last year I clocked up two weeks of game play (as in 336 hours!) in a relatively short space of time. COD is not University friendly!!!

7. thats my next purchase for PS3...

8. glenwheeler

haha this is very true!

9. mcskillz

mcskillz Member

Made a midnight purchase last night. Choo48 on ps3!

10. glenwheeler

PS3 BOO! :( did you wait in a big ass que mate?

11. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Although I agree PC gaming is not as big as it used to be, but its far from dead, there are several reasons for the popularity change though, Consoles are cheaper to purchase, more younger people have consoles then they do PCs, its easier for developers to develop for (PS3/XBOX) rather than thousands of hardware variations that you get on a PC. Publishers charge more for console games, so its a no brainer why the development houses, which are forced by their publishers code first most and foremost for consoles over the PC audience.

For me PC Gaming is still where its at when it comes down to FPS, nothing compares to the control and accuracy you get when using mouse and keyboard combination. Having a system that auto aims your shots for you in a certain dead-zone is just poor imho.

12. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

WOW has 12 million unique subscribers. Starcraft 2 sold 1.5 million copies in the first 24 hours alone. Civ 5 sold really well also. All the digital distribution sales (Steam, D2D, Getgames etc.) are not included in the charts. That's why it looks like PC gaming is dying, but that's just because PC gamers buy their games on Steam and not in the shops. PC gaming is far from dead. :)

Yeah some people cheat. But if you play in a clan or on a dedicated server with regulars (thank god that dedicated servers are back in Black Ops btw :)) you won't have any issues with hackers as they'll instantly get kicked and/or banned.

And Mouse/Keyboard is just SO much better for FPS games than an Xbox controller with auto aim! :p

13. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I have Black Ops now....PS3

14. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

@ Aarlev, you got it yet? ill be online tonight if you fancy teaming up ?

15. glenwheeler

*Turn Mouse, Click Dead* - No Skill :p

16. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Oh boy...Nazi Zombies is back!!
    Love that game man....

17. glenwheeler

Aint played it yet, gunna smash it in when i get home!

18. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Sorry mate, haven't got it yet. Was going to wait for a few reviews to pop up first (and for my wallet to increase in size ;)). I'll definitely pick it up when pay day comes around though. :). Do you play BC2? Cause I play that quite a lot online.

19. mcskillz

mcskillz Member

Bout 40 folk ahead of me in a q of 200 odd!

20. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Turn analog stick. Have a nap. Wait for game to aim for you. Click..Dead - No Skill. :p