Caclulating ROI on a website

Edge

Just written an article on how to calculate ROI on a website.
In summary, you need to ensure you are tracking traffic and conversions with Google Analytics and the one which most people don't do - integrating phone tracking with Google analytics.

I'd be interested to know how far other people take it AND also how they sue the intel gathered.

Seem to spend large portions of my time filtering referral spam to get accurate GA data nowadays. Becoming more and more of a pain to be honest.

What do you mean by 'filtering referral spam?'.

I mean creating filtered views on GA to take out the referrals from the likes of 100dollar-seo.com, webmonetizer.net and 4webmasters.org. These are not genuine traffic and skew results to the point of rendering it meaningless.

I mean creating filtered views on GA to take out the referrals from the likes of 100dollar-seo.com, webmonetizer.net and 4webmasters.org. These are not genuine traffic and skew results to the point of rendering it meaningless.
Yeah, immediately after asking, I googled it and I must admit it looks a nightmare.

As an aside, we set up this new switchboard which is integrated with Google analytics and one of the options is to have music playing while the phone rings through to us. I chose the 'Sixties' option and on my first test call had House of the Rising Sun played to me. Now what I would like is an option for theme tunes like 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly' or Hawaii Five-o.

Anyway - regardless of spam referrals, at least we know exactly how many calls are coming off the website which is very cool when we run PPC and SEO for clients.

Anyway - regardless of spam referrals, at least we know exactly how many calls are coming off the website which is very cool when we run PPC and SEO for clients.

Oh yes, exactly. All good data. Referral spam is just a nightmare when looking at all of your data. Christ alone knows why they even do it :(

Back