Business cards

Well guys,

I finally did it, I have created some business cards as my first point of getting the name out there. These have now been sent to print :)

businesscards.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, I guess the photo doesn't really do these justice.

I am going for Gloss Laminate on the front, and standard Matt on the back. (BTW I am not a print designer so hopefully I used the right terminology) :)

Cheers guys,

Hi,

I think the cards look really good, gloss laminate doesn't always work, definitely depends on the design and I think you've got it spot on there. Should look really good when there done.

Hope they work for you.

Lee

Hi,

I think the cards look really good, gloss laminate doesn't always work, definitely depends on the design and I think you've got it spot on there. Should look really good when there done.

Hope they work for you.

Lee

Thanks Lee,

I am looking forward to receiving them hopefully by the end of this week if not sooner. First time I would of actually owned business cards as well as done them. In all fairness, when I received the proofs I pulled out the standard matt finish and was like is this the gloss? (It didn't work for me) and then I realised there were two of each, so I checked out the gloss lam, and it looks so much better. The photo doesn't really do it justice, however I plan on using a decent camera when I get the final product.

I had to cover the phone number because it was wrong :)

Thanks again for the kind words.

Nice Job to say your not a print designer!

It's hard to say about the www. Say Joe bloggs who knew
nothing about computers or the internet wanted to look at your site
and his browser needed the www. (Not sure if all browsers need that anymore)
But he could be running Internet explorer .2 or something

How would he get around this disaster of a situation? haha

Nice Job to say your not a print designer!

It's hard to say about the www. Say Joe bloggs who knew
nothing about computers or the internet wanted to look at your site
and his browser needed the www. (Not sure if all browsers need that anymore)
But he could be running Internet explorer .2 or something

How would he get around this disaster of a situation? haha

Haha, my point exactly. (I think).

My point about not being a print designer, is really just the fact I have never had anything printed haha.

Thanks for the kind words though guys :)

Drop the 'www.' Just a personal thing.

As long as your perm 301 redirects to whichever you are optimising for of course. If you leave it off the card, but want to optimise the www version, then make sure your .htaccess file is handling that correctly or you'll get Search Engine juice/visits etc. spread over two domains.

Just a thought :icon_smile:

Sure, the plan is to redirect to www. however I got an email stating they had been processed now so I guess the www is staying lol.

Sure, the plan is to redirect to www. however I got an email stating they had been processed now so I guess the www is staying lol.

Nice one. Should have said that I like the card designs. Looking sweet :icon_biggrin:

Oh, and we also have the www on our business cards. :icon_wink:

Cool, in my opinion it is all down to personal preference I guess and I prefer to let people know. Not all people looking for sites are techy (that being said, not all people are clever enough to think straight - I have my moments too).

Thanks for the feedback Corrosive.

Love the cards.
I'm always torn with the www. debate too.
I also really like your logo, very nice :)

Thanks Tony, greatly appreciated... I went through around 15 concepts to come to that logo in the end. Just wanted something subtle but obvious and I believe I pulled that off.

Thanks for the complements.

I have nothing to contribute on the www debate, but I just want to note that that design is SWISH!

I've never seen anything I thought worked with the full gloss lam before, but you've convinced me it can be done. Well done, sir! I hope they bring you the work you deserve.

Back