Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Business Cards

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by tim, Apr 10, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

Hey guys,

Have recently decided to redo my business cards, as I haven't had a new design on them for about 5 months. Anyway, here are the previews. What do you think?

Okay so the files attached are really bad quality upload, gimme a minute....

Mods, fancy deleting the attatchments?

Attached Files:

2. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I dont like the font you've used, I know you're trying to match the style of the illustration but I dont think it works, Try writing it yourself and scanning it or at least use a handwriting font.
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

Coolio, thanks for the tip :)
  4. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Also you could move the skyline illustration to the top/middle (verticle alignment) and bring up the black block underneith so it becomes half and half colour - will attract more attention and add a nicer contrast - could also act as a "body" space for the content.
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

Good point, didnt even think of that, I love that idea!
  6. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Also, I think considering that a business card is pretty small... you shouldnt repeat tile the skyscrapers - thats just lazy :)
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

So pretty much change everything :p
  8. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Except the colours :up:

I would also try something like br3n said, move up the illustration. And why not try a pink background instead of a white one?
  9. tim

tim Senior Member

i havent thought of any of these. i think imma leave these until i get 3 days spare.
  10. br3n

br3n Senior Member

3 days?!?! It only takes 3 minutes to make these changes!
  11. tim

tim Senior Member

not with me, too many possibilites from the suggestions, i like to take my time :D
  12. jHouse

jHouse Senior Member

It hardly looks like he's being lazy with his tiling. An untrained eye would never notice that kind of detail.

Must say it does seem like you've got quite a few monotonous points against this little lad Br3n! ;)
  13. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I totally agree J that its a small issue and he doesn't have to make any changes, but he wanted advice/crit so im just voicing an opinion. He knows I mean well :D