Business Card Advice Needed!

Personally I do just to make things clear, as I have dealt with people in the past who thought an e-mail address was a URL to a website. And I just think it's nice to be clear what's what for certain people abroad who may not be familiar with our phone codes etc. Saying that, you're the designer, it's up to you. You can even use icons if you prefer. Or simple 'T' / 'M' & 'E'. Whatever works for you and your design. It is neither necessary nor unecessary.

With Paul's design it was not necessary due to the tone of his design and it's to the point simplicity. It is very direct, if you like.

Nope

Most are smart enough to know what a phone number looks like, what an email address is.

You could put
M: +353 (0)00 000 0000
D: +353 (0)0 000 0000
F: +353 (0)0 000 0000

Or use icons

Or put
Tel
Dir
Fax

But you'd have to distinguish between phone numbers.

@hankscorpio What's 'D'? lol Direct line?

Funny enough on my business card I don't specify my website as Web: www.loremipsum.com (not really my url, obviously) I simply just have my url, as the 'www.' is obvious enough as to what it is.

For my e-mail and phone number on the other hand I do have 'E-mail:' and 'Tel:' - E-mail is abbreviated as it is so kind of thought it's pointless to abbreviate further for the sake of 4 letters. But going back to my earlier point, if it works for the design then perfect...

Yeah there's no need, but then there's no harm either. I guess having the prefixes just seems more formal?

There are people out there that will try to type; [email protected] in their address bar! And then get confused.... I have seen it with my own eyes, they just do not have a clue. So if they still do that with my web prefixes / letters / icons in place, then I know to never speak to that person again :D

Lol but you never know, you could be turning down a millionaire!

Don't you find people with the least clue about what they are doing, tend to have the largest budgets??

You can add on your business card your name, address, your position, business name or company name, phone#, email, logo, description of product or service you want to sell. Eventually very attractive business card design.

Generally your business card is a contact card, not a miniature marketing flyer. As such you need only the minimum you can get a way with - not how much can you put on it.
The old adage keep it simple stands true.

Business Name
Your name
Role: only if this may be important to client
Telephone number (your dont need to add T or tel in front)
What you (the business) do

Paul's design is spot on. :)

To a new client the most important items are 'what you do' & 'telephone'. After that you would surely send full contact information by email or letter with accompanying links or hard copy marketing material.

No - your business card is not just a contact card.

It's a business tool. It's how you introduce yourself to a business contact. It's an exchange of information.

It's who you are, where you're based, the best mode to contact you by.

The role is the most important thing to put on the card, are you the decision maker, or are you the customers point of contact? It's critical a contact knows who they are contacting and what role they hold within the company.

If you're dealing with companies like in Japan, the name of the company is the largest and at the top of the card. Japanese characters on one side and English on the other side.
When you present your business card to a Japanese client you hold it by the bottom corners, and don't block any part of the information with your fingers. This would be insulting.

When you receive the business card, you put in your breast pocket, close to your heart, or more traditionally on top of a leather case. If you put in your back pocket it's very insulting. If your role in the company is lower than the person receiving it you should present the card at a lower height.

Don't think of a business card as just a 'contact' tool. It's so much more. It's a tool for your business.

Company Name or Logo
Name
Role
Desired Contact info (email/phone/fax - whichever is your primary mode of contact)

Other contact info (email/phone/fax)

If you have other ways of conducting business like Facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. perhaps this is important so a client visits you and connects via social media. A big client may like/tweet/share etc. something that they like and this then gets all their followers to see your work too. Social endorsements can be huge!

There are other things to consider.

Some put bullet points about their best selling products on the reverse
Heaters
Spacers
Industrial Tools
Cement Mixers
Drills

http://www.boredpanda.com/creative-business-card-designs/

Business cards are a tool. Not just a point of contact.

most of business card use symbol before contact deatil. before email contact you can use email icon its look like a envelop , before Telephone u can use phone icon. Add location or street address is impotent also.

Back