Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn some bridges

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by bigdave, Aug 1, 2011.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Last week I heard a thing on the radio that said we should all be prepared to burn some bridges and take a few chances in the pursuit of happiness. So with this in mind I've applied for a new job today! It's within the creative industry but doesn't involve being a designer, it's as a Project Manager for a New Media agency. It does however mean that Bleed Ink would have to stop bleeding but the prospects (and the money) are just too good not to get my application in.

Will keep you all posted
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Good luck mate, hope you get it, keep us posted and hope you stick around...
  3. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

To mangle some metaphors, if you're going to burn bridges you need to find something that floats your boat so here's hoping that, in your case, project management is it and everything works out.

Good luck.
  4. heroes_46

heroes_46 New Member

Good luck man! I hope you get it :) :) :)
  5. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Good luck man :) It's always worth taking a chance :)
  6. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

The job sounds really interesting and will likely satisfy my OCD (get to make spreadsheets and lists lol). I would never normally have applied for it but I went to school with one of the directors of the company and she reckons I'm capable and she's a laugh so why the hell not. lol. The prospects are really good and there's quite a bit of travel involved (great for making connections) so if after 12 months I'm sick of it, there's potential to open new doors.
  7. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Good luck with it mate. I did three and a half year's project management for a motoring/breakdown organisation (one of the two you'd immediately think of so not hard to guess who). I loved it, particularly the big IT roll outs, but it got too much doing the web and that so had to choose.

Word of advice, get really good with MS Project... It will keep you sane(ish).