Building a portfolio

davedesign

Hi, I have a problem. I am a beginner in this field (working for client who needs a website). However, I know xhtml / css, photoshop (design layouts), a bit of WordPress. I would like to work for some volunteering, people in need. In this way, I would like to build a portfolio.

And here I put the question to the community of designforums, how to build a portfolio (that's mean projects for portfolio ), or how to find organizations this type?

Cheers,
Dave.

davedesign said:
Hi, I have a problem. I am a beginner in this field (working for client who needs a website). However, I know xhtml / css, photoshop (design layouts), a bit of WordPress. I would like to work for some volunteering, people in need. In this way, I would like to build a portfolio.

And here I put the question to the community of SitePoint, how to build a portfolio (that's mean projects for portfolio ), or how to find organizations this type?

Cheers,
Dave.

got to love copy and paste :up:

You've got to develop something strong at first before you go looking I would say. Get some briefs from 99 Designs. They are normally bad so its a good experience to work with them.

If you a beginner you need to show first of all you can do a proper job of anything given to you.

Then as Levi says, go looking at charities etc.

Back