Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building a portfolio

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by davedesign, Mar 1, 2011.

1. davedesign

davedesign Junior Member

Hi, I have a problem. I am a beginner in this field (working for client who needs a website). However, I know xhtml / css, photoshop (design layouts), a bit of WordPress. I would like to work for some volunteering, people in need. In this way, I would like to build a portfolio.

And here I put the question to the community of designforums, how to build a portfolio (that's mean projects for portfolio ), or how to find organizations this type?

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

got to love copy and paste :up:
  3. davedesign

davedesign Junior Member

Huh, sorry :p
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Not my field but I would suggest looking in your local directory for charities etc and just getting in contact.

You could also have a go at some of the older comp's we have on here, the drunken goose one being a good all round type of brief (the winning design and final entries etc are here)
  5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

You've got to develop something strong at first before you go looking I would say. Get some briefs from 99 Designs. They are normally bad so its a good experience to work with them.

If you a beginner you need to show first of all you can do a proper job of anything given to you.

Then as Levi says, go looking at charities etc.