BT Sport - A New Ident

T

Tony Hardy

Design agency Red Been have created a new logo ident for BT Sport.
BT_SPORT_LOG_482.jpg

BT are apparently looking to move into sports broadcasting and they think that this is the logo to take them there. The BT Sport channel will show high-profile sports including Barclays Premier League Football, rugby union from the Aviva premiership and live tennis from the Women’s Tennis Association.

I don't like the BT logo as it as at the minute anyway, and I think this thing is an utter monstrosity. It looks clumsy, it's too big and cumbersome. Not sure how it'll look on a TV screen with things going on behind it either.

What do you think?

I'd be tempted to lose the colours or even the whole background altogether... and change the "Sport" font so it and the BT logo aren't fighting for attention.

Such a shame as some of BT's pieces have a very strong visual look - take for instance some of the BT Vision idents
BTV_WebLayout_Aa_JG-710x812.jpg

BT_XMAS_2011.jpeg

Looks a little Poor Mans Sky, ill considered and a 5minute job by the looks of things. Agree with the above that following the BT Vision style would have been a much smarter move.

Wow, I'd never seen the BT Vision branding before. That's lovely. A little bit of that wouldn't have went amiss in the BT Sport logo.

Me likey the BT Vision. Wonder why they ran in the other direction for BT Sport?

That's a horrible design. There's just no consistency at all with the fonts, so it looks really awkward a result, especially when compared with those great BT Vision designs.

Anyone know who was in charge of those BT Vision idents? Inhouse?

Tony Hardy said:
Design agency Red Been have created a new logo ident for BT Sport.
BT_SPORT_LOG_482.jpg

I don't like the BT logo as it as at the minute anyway, and I think this thing is an utter monstrosity. It looks clumsy, it's too big and cumbersome. Not sure how it'll look on a TV screen with things going on behind it either.
Totally agree with you. It says BT sport but where is the "sport" look and feel?
Love the BT vision. Thanks for sharing !

Matt Harle said:
I've always hated those types of websites, It's just a bit too minimal for me to consider it a minimal design. There's just no effort involved. I cannot see a single ounce of 'creativity' in the Proud Creative website, much like that logo : /
Boooo.

Really not in to that new BT Sport logo at all..... very poor show, made to look even worse by the previous wicked imagery they've used. Looks like they just mocked it together in-house without much thought or research at all......

I wonder if BT have intentionally not spent too much time ot money on this in case this new venture doesnt turn out well? Every new sport channel that manages to secure Premiership Football never lasts long up against Sky. Setanta came and went, ESPN started off well but now are reduced to one average came once a fornight. BT are new to the sports scene, maybe they are focussing on making a success of the channel before spending millions on a new identity?
Just a thought!

To be honest, they could just pay me a few thousand and I'll do it for them? No need to spend millions.

haha, true, but you know what these fancy branding agencies are like. They all say "pop in for a cuppa" on their websites but I bet if you actually did they would invoice you for the tea bag.

davewill said:
They all say "pop in for a cuppa" on their websites but I bet if you actually did they would invoice you for the tea bag.
Hahahaha! And the water, and the electricity for powering the kettle. Best not have milk.

Tony Hardy said:
Hahahaha! And the water, and the electricity for powering the kettle. Best not have milk.
"Oh, sir would like TWO sugars? Well, I'm afraid that's going to be £10 each"

Back