browser sizing

Levi

Staff member
My new site (yes I'm still working on it) is a full screen design, it's working fine for horizontal sizes being adjusted and for most 'standard' resolutions that I'm likely to have turn up.

Last night however I had a thought.... do I need to adjust for a vertical 'split' browsing. I usually split 2 browsers (or 1 browser and another program) into left and right on my screen when browsing more than one webpage. Does anyone split it top and bottom (assuming display is in landscape not rotated portrait) or know of anyone doing this.

I can't say I know of anyone that does it but just need to check, although I may just cover myself with a 'desktop less than x height media query' :)

Glad to hear you're working on your site ;)

I often use the left and right 'split' browsing, but never done that horizontally (top and bottom) and I don't think many people do (unless they care coders, who have vertical screens).

Question. Why would that make a difference if the width would be the same? I mean, the only problem would be having less of the site visible, no?

Alex Gilmore said:
Question. Why would that make a difference if the width would be the same? I mean, the only problem would be having less of the site visible, no?
In my case it's because it can cause parts of the 'menu' to be cut off....

Back