Brochure printing

tim

Does anyone know of a good brochure/catalogue printing company? I've got some clients wanting one put together, about 1000 brochures for £500-£600.

Any ideas/clues?

:D

Moved this one to the design marketplace Tim, and will send a PM to the printers we have on the forums for you, it's only a couple at present but I'm sure they'll be able to give you an idea about how achievable this might be. I'm guessing they'll need to know proposed size and number of pages to give you any sort of idea on price though...

ding dong - Hi Tim

Your not going to get much for that type of budget... have a look HERE and check out the grid matrix

Qty - 1000
A6 - 16pp - which you can push upto 32pp for a little more.
A5 - 12pp max
A4 - not even 8pp

Bring the qty down to what they really need and you could get whateve you want.

Clients often assume 1000 is a good number - thinking min run etc... but nowdays minimum run is out the window - you want 50... have em... 250... no problem.

Thanks Tim - good luck.

Cheers
Jim

I'm hoping for a glossy A5 booklet of about 10-15 pages? These will be full colour and will be advertising a load of products.

From the sounds of it, probably about 200-300 will be needed, they don't have 1000 customers yet!

What would you normally charge, both of you?

And yeah, 1000 did sound too much to me and I'll pitch that ASAP.

You'll have to have 8, 12 or 16 pages Tim as printing needs to be in groups of 4 pages (think A4 folded = 4 pages then another sheet stuck inside & stapled in the middle = 8 pages and so on and so on)

I would personally suggest asking both to perhaps PM you and give the job to whoever your preference may be price / service etc rather than risk starting a unhealthy public bidding war, but completely up to you guys that are involved.

I have personally used Neil before and can certainly vouch for him but that's not to say flyerboy_uk won't also give a good service also (doing my best to be diplomatic)

Good luck

P.S they are trade prices so don't forget to put your mark up on it before sending to the client (you could always ask Greg to move this to the private forums if you worried the client may stumble across it)

tbwcf said:
You'll have to have 8, 12 or 16 pages Tim as printing needs to be in groups of 4 pages (think A4 folded = 4 pages then another sheet stuck inside & stapled in the middle = 8 pages and so on and so on)

Excellent point Foxy made - as you refered to 10/15 pages... eek.

12 or 16 is what you'll be looking for.

and as the qty is nice and low - it's going to be printed digitally... which will mean different stock wont effect your price.

so if you want a thicker cover...its no problem.

You could even go real quality.. and have the thing laminated... hmm... matt lam through-out - very luxurious.

PM me for more info Tim - I'm not spilling my guts here and now :)

Cheers
Jim

Night :D

And thanks to you both for the details. If you want to e-mail me, use hello @ timmp.co.uk [obvs without the spaces!] and I'll get back to you swiftly.

The design won't be forwarded until their site is live also, which isn't going to be instant, I just needed to give them a rough quote for now.

I suggest you'll check our printing site, i think you'll find our prices in your price range.

please contact us if you need any help

Jack

Back