Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadband tax WTF!!!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by CSparkes, Dec 9, 2009.

1. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

BBC News - Broadband tax included in pre-Budget report

Seriously they will soon be charging you for going to the Loo!

WTF is the country coming too! Its for bringing super fast broadband to the UK, but I really cant see that as being true, more they need some extra cash right now!
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

yep not exactly impressed on this myself, does raise a question though, what's do they mean as rural and what do they class as superfast broadband cos 2meg is definitely not fast in this day and age.

Now I'm in a rural area, I want my adsl2+ (24meg) connection sooner than 2011 if I'm paying extra for it!

And it's a bit unfair on my nan who has never had the internet and never will!
  3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I think this might be a bit of stealth taxation, what with all the law changing surrounding mass downloading, tax the superfast users, to stop mass illegal downloading. It seems similar to the taxation on alcohol, its lower on drink under 4%.
  4. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Hence becks vier / stella 4 etc etc
  5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

How many of you guys are Virgin Media Cable Customers?
  6. tim

tim Senior Member

7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

They already do that in Belgium... whenever you go to a public place (movie theaters, shopping malls, etc.) you pay anything ranging from €0.35 - €0.60 :<
  8. tim

tim Senior Member

birmingham new st is a good example of paying to go to the toilet.

if the £5 fare for a 15 minute train journey isnt bad enough, they make you pay 30p more to have a piss.
  9. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

We are Virgin Media Cable as well my friends....
  10. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Broadband but next to the Exchange so full speed all the time!
  11. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Virgin Media, and it's rubbish, not sure if its a hardware issue or an issue with the stupid line but its rubbish :(
  12. tim

tim Senior Member

virgin are brilliant for me... except when you have to reset the box if 3 people are on at once.

that gets annoying because that's my iphone, my mac, my mom doing uni work and my dad who keep getting stopped in the middle of work
  13. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

This is the issue though Tim, it's a student house with 6 people living here, a ps3, an iphone, girlfriends, etc. but that doesn't change the issue they sell it to students primarily and we pay for a service that barely works
  14. glenwheeler

Bonus Sparkes my friend, I used to live on the exchange door step too back at my old house was lovely!
  15. tim

tim Senior Member

complain 3 times or more by writing and they are obliged to cut prices or give you something, it happened where my sister used to live, like the whole community complained at once :p
  16. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'd say the issue is hardware at your end to be honest Renicks. My wifi router (I bought my own kit as isp stuff was crap) can easily handle 4+ connections at the same time.
    What hardware is it as theres plenty of cases of isp's supplying poor equipment.
  17. glenwheeler

ISP equipment is of horrible speciment especially the home hub
  18. tim

tim Senior Member

we've used time capsule and two other devices as our router and it's never accepted more than 3 .