Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Boxing

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by SeedySteve, Oct 6, 2013.

1. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

Anyone else absolutely loving the boxing at the minute?Froch v GrovesAnthony JoshuaDerry Matthews and the rest of the lightweightsQuigg // Frampton...Anyone?

2. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I only watch the big matches. What did you make of Haye delaying the fight with Fury?

3. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

That's a difficult one - You can tell that Haye isn't quite convinced when he's talking, but I don't quite buy all the conspiracy hype. I think Haye is the better boxer, I think it's widely believed he'll win, but as with Froch v Groves, you can't rule Fury/Groves out. They're contenders and making them underdogs make them very dangerous IMO. Fury's a plonker but that equates into an audience and therefore sales, he's not as daft as he makes out. Being someone that people want to see get knocked out can be lucrative for a boxer, especially if you keep winning!

4. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

This is how I feel about Amir Khan. I love watching him get punched in the face. I watch that time he got knocked out in 20 seconds every time I'm feeling down.

Jordan likes this.
  5. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

Well, if he gets the Mayweather fight which is rumoured, you should be in for a treat! although I think Floyd is likely to just give him a constant 12 round beating rather than knock him out...

6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Which would be incredible. I'll have that ordered on PPV to be honest. There's no way Khan can beat Mayweather like.

7. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

I do the exact same thing. its pure comedy - Prescott nearly took his head off. He nearly knocked him out with just his Jab.
    I think British boxing is awesome ATM, can't wait for Groves vs Froch. Carl Froch probably has the hardest chin in boxing, absolute machine.
    Haye vs Fury wouldn't last long, Fury would be out of there in no time.

8. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

Just watched the Scott Quigg fight from the weekend, disappointing result but showed his quality at the end. For me the fight he will have with Carl Frampton will be up there with Froch / Kessler standards, and a British all rounder as well.
    Hope you're right on Fury. I don't actually mind Khan, the little slut that he is.

9. Jordan

Jordan Active Member

Khan has loads of talent, he just doesn't use his brain when he gets caught, starts playing the macho tough guy.
    I watched Quigg on sat, I think he did enough to win to be honest, with his fitness level though he should have started his assault a little sooner.