Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bristol street map

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by zeb, May 2, 2009.

1. zeb

zeb New Member

I need a street map of Bristol city centre for use in a commercial brochure. I've Googled but can't find anything suitable, so does anyone know where I can download a map, preferably in vector format?
  2. sarah_a

sarah_a Member

3. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Bristol City council maps are published in a number of local history / interest publications.
  4. zeb

zeb New Member

Thanks, Sarah, I might be able to use one of those as a template if I can't find a vector image.

Peter - how strange (in the nicest possible way) that you should reply; I need the map for the Bristol Design Festival programme, which I believe you're printing. Small world, no?
  5. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

One heck of a coincidence!

At the moment we haven't agreed to work with the Bristol Design Festival. Communication is not easy and the offer we made was some time ago - the clock is ticking and we're still waiting to hear from them as to what publicity they will offer us.

So, at the moment it's a big maybe. The event is one month away! The attraction for us in publicity is fast waning.

6. 30two

30two New Member

If you're using the maps commercially, then you definitely need a licensed version. You could always try these guys. I've dealt with them in the past and their prices are pretty good...

OS Licensed Town and City Maps from
  7. dogsbody

dogsbody Member

How does it work with maps? I've made quite a few up from scratch in Illustrator before, but by the very nature of it being a map means they should all be more or less the same.
  8. Steve_jurado

Steve_jurado Guest

Why don't you just re-trace a google map?