Breaking News - You suck at Photoshop

Oh good lord, to think someone actually got paid for that. There's no attempt to make it look like it's part of the same picture :wacko:

I could clean that up in about 5 minutes, how can this be allowed to happen! I guess people could argue, from a non-designers point of a view, that it's not really essential but to me it's the difference between a company/organisation that has the means to get things done properly and one that doesn't. Perhaps I'm alone in this view? What does everyone else think, I mean I've pointed things out like terrible shop fronts before to my girlfriend and she doesn't seem to care/understand about good design. The shop front in questions was a book store with a rainbow gradient background and a black comic sans font for the shop name. Can you get much worse!? But she didn't seem to mind that much!

Squiddy said:
I mean I've pointed things out like terrible shop fronts before to my girlfriend and she doesn't seem to care/understand about good design. The shop front in questions was a book store with rainbow gradient background and a black comic sans font for the shop name. Can you get much worse!? But she didn't seem to mind that much!
Some people just don't care. Other peoples will never appreciated good design. A lot of people don't understand what difference good design can make. I'm writing a series of blog posts about this right now!

What a coincidence Tony ;) Will have to read them when you've got it all up.

I agree with you Sean.. personally I find it hard to focus on anything when the design of it is exceptionally bad, and I don't understand how they can afford hundreds of pounds on the physical printing / set up but don't bother with good design...

Tony Hardy said:
Some people just don't care. Other peoples will never appreciated good design. A lot of people don't understand what difference good design can make. I'm writing a series of blog posts about this right now!
Presentation is everything though. Looking forward to seeing these posts!

Back