Branding, lighting logo with smurf drawing

If you're looking for critique please don't take this to heart (everyone has their own idea on how things should be) but to be brutally honest, I don't like it at all. Very basic font, all caps is not a great look most of the time, I don't really get the idea behind the illustration especially with the odd leg and what looks like a floating pull chain, for me there always have to be a recognisable idea behind any illustration.

This for me personally would need a total rework, possibly used as an initial idea but a lot of development would be needed on this to get it to the right standards. Also needs to be the right blue for a smurf, too bright.

Also really hope that this company had permission for the use of the smurf and course the name! Otherwise copyright infringement right there.

Ive taken the image off, even though the company has a differnt logo, i didn't think, the idea of the leg was because the owner of the company had a false leg! That was a screw driver the smurf was holding!

It's an old piece of work.

ah well that explains the leg and now I know it's a screwdriver. It's always hard having illustration in a logo as things can be seen differently to everybody, you might know that the owner has a false leg but anybody else looking at it would just wonder what the hell it's all about. Logos are about conveying the meaning of the company, but when illustrations are used it does tend to complicate things

Back