Brand security

BUNGALOW

Hey,

I have started a company and was thinking about protecting the brand signature but dont want to spend thousands on legal fees for a Trademark. Is there a way you can register your logo for less? And even is it worth doing as it will only be a small business (at the moment). What are your thoughts or experiences?

Many thanks in advance.

Guy

... don't want to spend thousands on legal fees for a Trademark...

Is it possible you're mixing up a trademark with a patent there? Like the Boss says, trademarking is a couple of hundred quid tops.

What kind of a business are we talking about? Is it likely that people might end up nicking your marque?

Hey Dave & Boss.

Thanks yea. I talked to a Trademark attorney just to see what my options were, and it seemed to cost allot for their help. Thought I should just check as I am starting out. But I think your right in the fact as to just leave it and develop the business and as and when I can afford it, I will pursue it.

I was just curious if there was another way apart from registering a trade mark really.

Am working as a branding/advertising creative.

Thanks for your comments.

Guy

.......I talked to a Trademark attorney just to see what my options were, and it seemed to cost allot for their help......

You will probably find that 90% of that huge fee is for his time and not the actual cost of trademarking.

Lol exactly - I think we're in the wrong industry BigDave... £800 for submitting a 20 minute application!

I got a quote from a lawyer once –*£200 per hour!. Of course, if they keep you out of trouble and protect your business then it's money well spent. But still…

Lol exactly - I think we're in the wrong industry BigDave... £800 for submitting a 20 minute application!

I got a quote from a lawyer once –*£200 per hour!. Of course, if they keep you out of trouble and protect your business then it's money well spent. But still…

I guess it puts it into perspective with people that think design is expensive. (Professional rates that is).

Back