Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

br3n's Apple Crumble

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, May 7, 2009.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

My review of br3n's Apple Crumble

For dessert, Apple Crumble was made with Braeburn apples and had good, light texture, though the strawberries seemed to me an odd choice – why strawberry with apple? The surprising combination worked well with a real sense of summer character, the addition of the vanilla custard provided a little piquant seasoning that was welcome on the dish. The apples were pleasantly caramelised, and this was a good 8.5/10 level dessert.

Service was very good, with our waiter (Brendan) attentive, efficient and friendly. Overall this was a very pleasant evening, with a consistent level of technical skill displayed in the kitchen, and an appealing menu. It could be improved further by a greater emphasis on higher grade ingredients. The place was packed out on the evening of our visit, and the waiting staff seemed well-drilled, the atmosphere welcoming and enjoyable.
  2. nicely done there Greg (and Brendan) :) i've had Apple and Raspberry Crumble in NZ which was also lovely :)
  3. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Splendid old chap. How many "chefs hats" does one achieve.
  4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Congratulations you're still in the running to be Australia's first Masterchef