Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

br3n goes downunder!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by br3n, Feb 10, 2009.

1. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Thats right! Im off to oz in 2 weeks time! got a 12 month working holiday visa and a bag full of hopes and dreams, The only bad thing is the first stop is melbourne which as im sure you know.. is having some troubles the moment!

+40 degreese and massive bush fires. hmmm...

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Wow that's awesome!
    Are you going to be freelancing whilst you're out there or looking for work once you're there? Think we have a few members from Australia on here so they might be able to offer you a spot of advice.

Yes heard about the bushfires, sounds scary! Even more concerning that they think some of them may have been started by arson.

Where abouts are you planning to travel? Up the East Coast?
  3. Adam

Adam Senior Member

Common problem with bush fires, people always start them and unless they are caught doing it its quite hard for them to ever find out who done it. If this one was arson then they have turned out to be a mass murderer!

I'm jealous bren, are you just leaving the time scale to see how it goes, no set limit to when to come home? You'll have an amazing time
  4. I worked in New Zealand as a Graphic Designer for 5 years.. dunno if that helps any? :) I know of a few design houses out there in Oz... depends where you're going exactly, Sydney, Melbourne etc etc :)
  5. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Im doing the east coast, Ive got a plane ticket home for 7th of may (10 weeks) but I can change that at any time - so thats like a worst case scenario type thing, Im hoping to do whatever work i can get - not fussed what, I kitesurf so hopefully can spend a lot of my time doing that :)
  6. I used to kitesurf too .. did that alot in New Zealand.. loads of fun :D
  7. Aarlev

Aarlev Member lucky b*stard! I wouldn't mind a year in Oz. Hope you have a great time there br3n!
  8. tim

tim Senior Member

I agree, you are a lucky b*stard.

Although it's kinda worrying if the Australian fires were started by arson, they've made people's homes disappear in a few minutes. :eek:
  9. Michae

Michae Member

A classmate of mine from last year is going down in a week to go to school in Melbourne! Scary... Have fun Br3n, it's a real adventure :D
  10. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Tomorrow!!! wooooooooooooo!!! :p
  11. Aarlev

Aarlev Member must be really excited! Have a brilliant trip br3n!
  12. br3n

br3n Senior Member

cheers dude, only just finnishing packing, may have left it a bit late :p

amazing how many expenses you forget, just the visa, travel insurance and kite insurance is over £300!
  13. peekaboo

peekaboo Senior Member

Have a cracking time mate, im just slightly jealous lol.

When your on the net out there remember to pop on here :)