Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought In Food : Gordon Ramsay

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Elekate, May 3, 2009.

1. Elekate

Elekate Member

2. br3n

br3n Senior Member

its probably like precooked chicken for sandwhiches or similar... press are probably just exagerating.

Plus saying they sell it on for 50%+ is quite a bad margin for food, most resturant prices profiy gain 400% or above.

Its like complaining that beer is cheaper in sainsburrys than the pub.
  3. Elekate

Elekate Member

Yeah but the fact he is against it and that he does it himself!

Not known Gordon do sandwiches :D
  4. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

And there is also no mention of how far ahead they prepare the food. Freshness is a subjective term, when you buy "fresh fish" in the store, it's at least two days old.
  5. berry

berry Active Member

The Ramsey wheels are beginning to come off. What with his affairs, all of his failing restaurants that he's having to close down, and now this. The man spread himself too thin.
  6. well he seems to be doing well in America just over here his empire is falling apart...
  7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

i still like the TV show, but then I have never been to his restaurants.

Has anyone been to a 'celebrity' chef's restaurant? I have always wanted to go to the fat duck.
  8. been to one of Marco White's places - the Marco Stamford.. which was lovely.. but horribly overpriced!
  9. Elekate

Elekate Member

Pretty sure the affair business was a load of rubbish as the media probably made that up as they have this.

Not sure if the media mean that Gordon has been preparing food fresh somewhere else or if its packaged, as there are a few different stories :confused: