Borderless Printing

wickymk

Hi people, I bet this has been asked a million times but I have only just joined, I need to print some flyers for a customer but I am having problems trying to print without a boarder? I have tried using powerpoint, photoshop,do I need another programme or am I doing something wrong? tia

Is your problem that you want all round bleed on your flyer? And you are trying to print on a desktop or office printer? Certainly in my considerable experience laser printers always have a border - a gripper edge that keep the paper from winding round the printer drum. If you are running more than a very small number I would suggest getting them properly printed - either digitally or litho depending on quantity. If your client is just after a few them printed them and trim them. Which is what a print shop would do - only with bleed so they wouldn't end up smaller than you want.
If you want a job done properly - then do it properly!

What size are your flyers, what size paper are you attempting to print them on and do they contain bleed (I assume not)?

You need to check your printer's settings, but some simply won't give a borderless option.

I'd use a professional printer, it will be much cheaper than printing them yourself. Check out Stationery Direct (full disclaimer: they run this site) – https://www.stationery-direct.co.uk/flyer-printing.php . You can get a small run of 50 printed for £27, or 2000 for twice as much, with free mainland courier delivery to the UK. I use them often and have never had any problems. Their turn around time is always extremely fast.

Back