Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderless Printing

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by wickymk, Oct 11, 2017.

1. wickymk

wickymk New Member

Hi people, I bet this has been asked a million times but I have only just joined, I need to print some flyers for a customer but I am having problems trying to print without a boarder? I have tried using powerpoint, photoshop,do I need another programme or am I doing something wrong? tia

2. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Is your problem that you want all round bleed on your flyer? And you are trying to print on a desktop or office printer? Certainly in my considerable experience laser printers always have a border - a gripper edge that keep the paper from winding round the printer drum. If you are running more than a very small number I would suggest getting them properly printed - either digitally or litho depending on quantity. If your client is just after a few them printed them and trim them. Which is what a print shop would do - only with bleed so they wouldn't end up smaller than you want.
    If you want a job done properly - then do it properly!

3. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

What size are your flyers, what size paper are you attempting to print them on and do they contain bleed (I assume not)?

4. Wardy

Wardy Well-Known Member

You need to check your printer's settings, but some simply won't give a borderless option.