Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok fella's got a question for you?

I have to install Vista on my partition on my new MacBook Pro (my work machine) and I just want to make sure that other people have done this successfully?

2. gasmarktasty

gasmarktasty Junior Member

I installed few wks back on my iMac and it worked fine, but i deleted as I found using virtualbox.org a quicker solution. Rebooting every time for my needs of checking web sites on ie7 wasn't practical, but VB was.

Check it out!!

Si

3. Hi Si :) thanks for that, but I do need to be able to install a Windows program on to my machine which is why bootcamp is the one I was thinking of installing.. though that is very interesting :)

4. gasmarktasty

gasmarktasty Junior Member

Yeah it has it's place, was a pain for me I never had the original Mac discs to fully install bootcamp, but managed to find online and was laughing and it did work a treat - I felt dirty doing it but was for a good cause!! Just be aware, i had the new Mac keyboard and the control to switch back caused a few issues :D

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I used to have XP running on Boot Camp when I was still using Tiger (OS X 10.4) but I no longer have a need for it.

6. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

the big question is why would you want windows on a mac?...Do you love windows in disguse?

7. LOL @ Glen :p no its for work, they run 1 bit of software on the PC which doesn't have any Mac equivelant :( which sucks, but doesn't matter, worked fine with Parallels on it too so I can run it without needing to close one OS down to open the next :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.