Books that have helped you!

TheNoone

I actually only own 3 design books.
They have helped and inspired me over the years.
They are
Retro Graphics-100 years of graphic design.
How to be a graphic designer without losing your soul.
Its not how good you are, its how good you want to be.

Not all specifically graphic design books.
But very helpful none the less.

I have to say "Retro Graphics"
is a great piece, and is very usefull for implementing timeless
design into modern pieces. I would really reccomend it!.

So get writing and let me know why you would reccomend books and how they have helped
while im having an Amazon spending spree!

Cheers
Kye!
:icon_notworthy:

not sure whether this fits into this thread or not, but my bf recently bought me "Hand Job: A Ctalog of Type" by Michael Perry, which has inspired me no end.

Hey I am sorry to say but we have a thread on this already with some amazing books in the listings
you might wanna take a look back and have a look .....

Sorry Miss Attitude. I wanted more of an understanding on why the books were good.

Not just "Get this, its good"

Hhahaha thanks for the input!

Wow ! I am sorry if it seemed like I was giving you attitude because it was not meant to seem that
way. I was trying to help. The thread that was created before was a real hit and a lot of books with a
few reasons went into it.

I was only trying to help you.

I always enjoy a flick through " A smile in the mind" and "The art of look sideways" I like the humour in the design and the unique take on ideas and layout. My latest order form amazon which was dispacted today "Studio Culture: How to Start, Run & Manage a Graphic Design Studio" Its only just been published so I have no idea what its like, if your interested i'll come back and let you know. I could list many other books which I have that I find inspire me depending on the job i'm doing, I'm a bit of a book lover!!

Hope this helps.
Kezz

Defintely, I keep looking through it and getting fresh bursts of inspiration.

Only problem is I've had 2 copies of this book ( had to take the first back) and the cover has fallen off both after looking through the book just once. :icon_mad:

But I'm willing to put up with it since it's such a good book!

Back