Booklet maker - 300gsm cover ??

Debbie B

Hi there,

I have a new business printing Order of Service Sheets - mainly for my husbands company. I am printing about 20,000 A4 sheets per month. I currently use a Canon CLC5151 (refurbished) but would like to use this as a back-up machine, and have a machine which will take 300gsm as my current copier only takes 250 and struggles at that. They are usually 250gsm outer, 160gsm inner (either 1 or 2 sheets).

So, does anyone know of a machine that will create a booklet with 300gsm cover and 2x 160gsm inner (which won't cost the earth!!):icon_smile:

Huge thanks,

Debbie
x

ps I have tried an Olivetti but it left black streaks all the time so is being taken back.:icon_cursing:

Thank you for your reply - any idea which model or is it just a case of the finishing unit against any model in the range?

Debbie

Xerox 700 would be good - we could get 350gsm through. It won't be cheap though! You will also really need a creaser to get a decent finish.

As Katedesign says - Xerox 700 would work and an external creaser. But... 20000 (impressions?) sounds very low - not sure of the economic viability.

Are you saddle stitching?

As Katedesign says - Xerox 700 would work and an external creaser. But... 20000 (impressions?) sounds very low - not sure of the economic viability.

Are you saddle stitching?
Yes, did think about a separate booklet maker though, but not got much further than a thaught! It's a whole new area which I know nothing about!!! AGH

x

Back