Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Book reviews

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by HippySunshine, Oct 29, 2009.

1. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

Anyone know any decent book review websites where I can see some thought one Design type books in particular?

Thanks

EDIT: Or does anyone recommend any books?

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Berry made a list iirc but can't remember where he did that, might be worth a search on berry's posts

3. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Yeah I remember that post, I just went through Berry's posts just then and couldnt see it. Maybe it was Greg that posted? or Chris maybe..I remember it was one of the more active users..

4. Levi

After a quick search for Recommended Books the 2nd of 3 links had this :p :cool:

5. HippySunshine

Reviews as in peoples opinions on something. anyone can have a top 10 list of books!
    I need likes and dislikes, thoughts.. ya know.

Not just, "i like this book. buy it" lol :p

6. Levi

that list was composed by Berry, I'm sure the list only has decent books. As to reviews, amazon is usually pretty good in my view :p

7. HippySunshine

When is the Smashing Magazine going to be out? I know you can pre-order it now, but when is it actually going to be distributed?
    Does anybody know?

8. Becky

Becky Member

Your Smashing Book: Update

Starts shipping 23rd Nov, ditto on the pre-order, hope it's worth it!

I'm also waiting for Mark Boulton's new book too :( 'Designing Grid systems for the Web' oh and I have David Airey's Logo Design Love on pre-order. I love my books :(

I have some of the books on Berry's list and they're great, going to add one or two from it on to my Christmas Wish List me thinks :)

9. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Anyone got the Smashing Book and what are peoples opinions if they have it???

10. Becky

Becky Member

still winging it's way to me :( I'll try and do a bit of a review if no one else does first

11. I'm still waiting for my copy too... I did get an email saying there was a slight delay due to Christmas :(