Book and book cover I designed

hankscorpio

Staff member

Turned out very nice indeed, I was worried about the shadow under the car that I added, but it turned out really nice.

The car was photoshopped to cut it out, including windows, so you can see through to the yellow.
Added a shadow in InDesign with a skewed black circle set to a basic feather.

The whole book was typeset in InDesign - the client is thoroughly happy and delighted.

As I am.

Originally the client had the cover designed with a black background, I just didn't think it was catchy enough.
As it's about rebuilding a yellow Rolls Royce, I felt a bold strong yellow for the cover would be more apt.

I decided to cut out the shape of the car as it gives more drama to the image - initally it was photographed in a field, and it just wasn't apetising to look at.

The whole book is about the guy rebuilding his Rolls Royce he bought as a wreck and restored it to prestine condition - the finished pictures are just amazing - he did a wonderful job restoring it.

Anyway - particularly proud of this one for some reason.
Delighted with the finished printed book.

Last edited:
D6cKq8FXkAAC-35.jpg
Your image isn't showing :p

It's showing for me lol.

Oh typical - printing is my game, web is not ha ha - is it showing ok now?

Showing for me. Can't imagine it with a black background, it wouldn't stand out. The yellow brings attention to it and it makes is look more enticing and I say that even though cars aren't my thing.

Lol - thanks - cars not my thing either. But gotta do what needs to be done lol.

More copies of the book are due in, I'll take a few photos when they arrive and post the inner pages.

But overall, it made my day for some reason. Hadn't designed an entire book in a while, it was great to do one again.

Yellow makes it pop! :)

Just be thankful it wasn't taken from more of a side view so you had to clip out all those spokes.
I once had to do a brochure for a motorcycle company so I know. :(

Yellow makes it pop! :)

Just be thankful it wasn't taken from more of a side view so you had to clip out all those spokes.
I once had to do a brochure for a motorcycle company so I know. :(

Yep. Been there before lol. I usually persuade them to go for a different picture lol.

Photoshopping is easy, but a lot of the time I am not arsed to be as detailed.

I think I did it before where it took something like 8 hours to photoshop out an image with an intricate background, took me a long time anyway.

Had it done, sent it on proof, few seconds later get an email, no we want to use this picture instead. *banged head off desk*

LOL! Feel your pain there Hank.

For me it's when I'm almost there and I click a bit too quickly and join the path.

"F-F-F-king, F@CK!"

Back