Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocked Ears!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by DaveGears86, Jun 21, 2012.

1. DaveGears86

DaveGears86 Member

Anybody got any good tips for curing a blocked ear?

I've had a blocked ear for over a day now and it is seriously having a negative effect on my satisfaction of life :violin:

I've tried pinching my nose/holding breath and blowing "through my ears" but this does nothing!
    I'm fairly sure that I've managed to push some ear wax forming a plug (I was cleaning my ears with cotton buds a few hours before the blockage occured)

And I'm so desperate to cure it that I've resorted to posting here for help!
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Docs for your ears to be syringed, takes 2 secs.
  3. DaveGears86

DaveGears86 Member

Good shout, I might have to at this rate -

I've heard it can be painful, ever had it done yourself?
  4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Yeah and no it didn't hurt :icon_smile:
    DaveGears86 likes this.
  5. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Download a Justin Bieber track from iTunes and put it on loop on your iPod. That will make you thankful for blocked ears for ever more. In fact you'll be shoving peanuts in there to keep them blocked.
    Minuteman Press likes this.
  6. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Have you had cold recently? I got blocked ears after a cold not so long ago. There was nothing the doc could do but they got better on their own after about a week.
  7. DaveGears86

DaveGears86 Member

Yeah :( I suspected the cold to have something to do with it (even though my ears are rarely effected when I get colds, which isn't often) - Shoving cotton buds in there probably didn't help at all (obviously).

When they finally pop, I think I'm going to breakdown in tears of joy
  8. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Try warming some olive oil (or vegetable oil) (not too hot though!) and pouring a bit (not too much!) into the ear. It should help melt the blockage...

My mum used to do it - I've never tried it!!
    DaveGears86 likes this.
  9. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

My mum used to do that too but, instead of an ear, she used a frying pan, thinly sliced garlic and seasonal vegetables. Lovely.
  10. linziloop

linziloop Member

I was going to suggest warm olive oil too - they usually ask you to do this for a week before you have your ears syringed anyway to make sure the wax is soft enough. Lovely.
  11. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Just put your finger in and dig it out man ;)