bleh, hoody design

Renniks

My University's (Cardiff) Mountaineering Club has the usual yearly issue of creating a hoody design, and I'm stumped for ideas. Pretty annoying as the other submissions so far leave alot to be desired.

Hm just thought I'd vent some "anger" at the situation. :)

how about making the whole hoodie look like a load of rock? Or making the whole thing like a mountain with the top of it one the back of the hood :) is there a logo for the Cardiff Mountaineering Club? If so it could be just made large tilted 20degrees and placed in the bottom left or right of the hoodie and wrapped round the front and back :) look at the hoodies from Billabong and that sort of ilk :)

Sadly the only space to work with is a4 (ish) sized square on the back, no other areas (the black square in the attached image.
The front of the hoody has the logo and the chosen 'name' and the back will have the design...
And essentially they'd prefer a silhouette type thing so that it's cheaper <- black or white depending on the hoody colour

Fun fun :)

Attachments

• 123123.jpg
    123123.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2
How about a catchy slogan

'the CMC do it in all weathers'

bumper sticker stylee..

or 'The CMC peak once a week'

hmmm....

what about using OS map contours in some way?

Most slogans have been used in one way or another in the past (though my favourite is still "Climbing Rocks")
Liking the contours idea though :)....

Also it's CUMC ^_^

It could just say "WE ROCK" on the front and a small version of the logo :)

chrismitchell said:
It could just say "WE ROCK" on the front and a small version of the logo :)

correct_tick.jpg
awesome :D

You could try creating a mountain shape around the logo using type.

Kind of like I did for a t-shirt once (except I only made a rectangle).

Attachments

• illustration-dirt-01.jpg
    illustration-dirt-01.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 10
That's another good idea. Hm, not sure how difficult it is with the shape mountains are... hmm (as in not just going big at the bottom to small at the top)

renniks said:
That's another good idea. Hm, not sure how difficult it is with the shape mountains are... hmm (as in not just going big at the bottom to small at the top)

Actually your right, I just realised you said you've only got an A4 portrait area to work with so a it wold be a bit of a quashed mountain lol

I'd do an American sports team style hoody. Just cos I like em really.with big bold letters and a mahoosive white mountain inclosed in a circle

Back