Blackburn Shopping promotional campaign

Mav

Hey everyone,

I guess I am always looking for peoples opinions on my ideas but having said that I know having too many opinions is not always a good thing... however in this case I feel its appropriate as I have an idea I don't think will develop into something good. I am looking at promoting the shopping aspect of Blackburn to bring in more people to shop and boosting the towns economy. I have looked at the negative aspect of the town which is that it is small and even The Mall is small and it lacks space and more department stores and branded shops, so I had an idea that big things come in small packages, I also made a connection with small and mall but that will not go anywhere...

For those of you who live or have visited the town before what do you think of my idea? How could I develop it?

Thanks, I would appreciate any help.

Mav

Anyone? how could I approach this promotional campaign? I guess I would have to offer an incentive a reason to come into Blackburn and spend money in the town... would you agree that it is the small things in life that get us through... it is the small things that annoy us like when it rains and the umbrella breaks and small things like that. Am I on the right track? I only have 8 weeks until D day.

Just to be clear, you're looking for an idea that will get people who don't live locally to travel into a town without anything special in the way of shops to do their shopping?

I intend to target a regional area whilst also targeting the people of Blackburn, I have a few ideas which I have derived from my research for example, big/good things come in small packages has come from the fact that the town has a small mall and town and is tiny compared to Manchester, Preston etc... I have another idea of how everything is all under one roof emphasizing on the fact that you can get all your necessities from one place rather the opposite...

I have also been focusing on the Jubilee but I don't know how to develop these ideas and I don't even know if the ideas are right for my brief and I just need some direction and to know if I am on the right track...

Small could mean individual/independent shops... people are wanting to buy locally more and more and are going away from large chains. Everything under one roof is good.

As women are the ones who shop and can't park to save their lives, what about the parking? Is it close? Are the spaces large (so we have lots of room to park)?

Back