Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black or White?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jimlad, May 9, 2010.

1. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

This is a design forum, full of designy people.
    So chances are a good proportion of you either own or have at least used an iPhone.

So, which colour iPhone 3G/3GS do you prefer:
    (And why?)

When I get one, I think I'll go for white, simply because you don't see them around as much and spotting one always surprises me.
    (Forgive me if a thread like this exists already, I didn't find one in my search)
  2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Black, or a case.
    I find the white one looks more feminine, not necessarily a bad thing, but I just don't usually go for stuff that looks more feminine than not ;)
  3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Well, it's on my shopping list Jimlad me auld mucker and allthough some might say the white looks a tad girlie....I kinda like 'em too.

Although as soon as I get the slippery like sukka I'll be wrapping it in some anti - slip armour casing...probably with a bit of 'second chance' Kevlar thrown in. Maybe with a DPM look.
  4. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Don't drop it near a bush, you'll never find it again!

I might "repurpose" the cover on my iPod Touch, or buy something new. A translucent coloured cover would enable me to make my iPhone any colour in the universe! ... Yeah maybe not.

Also, from the Black ones I've seen, they do look nice but get covered in fingerprints and just look like a kid with dribble-covered fingers has had it. Apparently the white one doesn't show that up so much.
    Be honest tho Typo, you like the white because nothing says "Apple" more than white! :D
  5. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

White! (nod)

Just feels more 'clean' :)
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I'm with him ^. there is something awesome about white things, I just got a new set of inner socks for my rollerblades (yes I said rollerblades) and they are white and look sick!
  7. Thewholehogg

I'm happy with the white.

8gb or 16gb?
  8. Thewholehogg

Wait a minute did he say rollerblades?
  9. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

The white one attracts too much dirt and attention :)
  10. Thewholehogg

Nowt wrong with a bit of dirt and attention....i say.
  11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Hell yes!
  12. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Haha what a quote.
    Surely you mean 16gb or 32gb? I dunno yet, I'll let you know sometime this week.
  13. Thewholehogg

Don't call me Surely....
  14. Thewholehogg

Did you see Jonathon Ross getting his iPad fried (like in a frying pan) on his chat show...he looked well cheesed off.

Well you would be.

Is Tim still alive?
  15. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Haha no I didn't see that. Might be worth YouTubing later.
  16. Thewholehogg

It's on iPlayer.
  17. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

18. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

the white version also shows the micro fractures/cracks that can occur naturally in plastics
  19. Becky

Becky Member

I love the white one, but in reality I'll be sticking mine in a case too, so I guess it doesn't matter :(

No DPM, but one of the gun manufacturers does make cases lol
    Military Times Gear Scout ? iPhone Fun from Magpul

Could always go all out and get a heavy duty Otterbox case :D
    Road Tested: Otterbox's serious iPhone case
  20. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member like.