Black iMac concept

Shadzee

dnbxc7.jpg

Hey, I've only been here for around 30 minutes but I've taken that time looking around the forum of what kind of stuff you guys get up to.
I'm loving all that I've seen on the site (apart from the spam from the uni students)
And I'd love it if you could give me some feedback on this design, it's also in my album.
A friend of mine gave me the inspiration to do this design in the first place.:up:
thanks guys :D
Below is the download link for the PSD file in case you want to edit it or anything...
http://www.mediafire.com/?twh17dhalnps4h7

halfbuiltrobot said:
3. This wouldn't work with aluminium, black iMac mocks have been around since the polycarbonate days....although with poly additional colour was possible.
You do realise the current aluminium macs have a powder coating or anodised coating (think it's Electro-powder coating) meaning you can have any colour you want lol....Tim might know what process is actually used
As to the design... glowing apple on front is a no no, it would cause distractions, the colour isn't really 'black' and I'm 90% it's just a google image with a few layers added which isn't really product design, it's more of a simple graphic design task.

And I wouldn't download a photoshop file from a random person who's only posted a couple of times either just like halfbuilt robot....

EVERYTHING is here to show you the proof that i made it, if you don't want to, then don't.
If there are any people here willing to take a risk and download a psd file, then don't

I'll let you off for the main part of the monitor but the base looks is copied. It's good that you have the layers showing the effects you used to create the monitor, but you need to have the same with the base. If you are handing it in for marking you could get marked down for having what looks like a cut and paste base. Unless you created that in another program then of course you need to show that too.

Personally I wouldn't say copying a screen that already exists and changing the colour really is concept design. Concept design is creating something new, there has to be reasoning behind it, functionality, useability and ascetics. If you basically replicate something that already exists, there would have been reasoning behind their original concept, like why don't they create black screens etc.

Sketch out ideas using reference material, then bring them to life, don't just copy.

Thanks for the feedback Ben, i'll work on it. The base is actually made in two symmetrical parts, obviously one is a copy of another and just rotated horizontally. Well i'll come back with another design and show you guys. :)

I'd love a Black one me, I hate the aluminum style, the white and clear plastic was lovely and clean, and before that withe to old 'gel' coloured laptops and imacs... they had personality.

Aluminum is very industrial and cold, but, others love them.

Romack said:
I'd love a Black one me, I hate the aluminum style, the white and clear plastic was lovely and clean, and before that withe to old 'gel' coloured laptops and imacs... they had personality.

Aluminum is very industrial and cold, but, others love them.

You don't get to decide with apple, remember it's their way or nothing if you want a mac :p

very true :)

Ah, wouldn't it be great if a someone took the old styles and overhauled them, like a brand new mac in the old style casings.

If anyone takes this idea, i want a cut ;)

Romack said:
very true :)

Ah, wouldn't it be great if a someone took the old styles and overhauled them, like a brand new mac in the old style casings.

If anyone takes this idea, i want a cut ;)

been done loads of times, usually a mac mini gets stuck in the case instead.

And by the way, I'm only in secondary school. I've come here to learn. Because i picked Product design as a GCSE

It's good work fella, you will will always get crit and comments... role with it and learn.
It's not personal, and I'm a grumpy old man compared to you.

it is good for secondary school Shadzee but your not being moaned at, it's something you will have to get used to in the career, critique is one of the most useful things you will ever get no matter how bad it is you can still learn from it. No one is being personal as Typo said, everybody here is pretty good like that, we all like to give helpful critique, sometimes it may feel like we are moaning but we are only trying to push you in the right direction with out own experience in the field.

As for the grumpy old men, I'm only 22! Typo and Berry are the old men in this town..... wise men of course :S.......

Back