bitten off a bit more than I can chew

Renniks

SO on seeing quitea few sites over the last few months that all have a similar method of navigation, I decided my portfolio, that I should definately get round to creating and updating, would benefit (for my own personal love of it) from having the navigation.

I have mentioned before, and spoke to berry about it, and the navigation I am going to try and use will be the type where you have a single page, and it goes to a point on the page when you click the link. With html I can accomplish this, but it looks nasty and causes refresh usability issues.

So upon browsing for the javascript that many of these sites use, (I think) I have been unable to find it, without a name it makes it alot more difficult. I personally cannot code javascript (though am able to read, debug, and understand it) and hence was after an open source code set for this procedure.

Examples of this can be found on Armadillo Creative: Marketing with a passion for communication - SEO, Design, Web, Advertising and similar on Web Design Berkshire | Website Design, Graphic Design & SEO

Thanks

Mark

[if berry or orman wish me to remove these links just ask but examples help people understand]

ormans thread (here) has a bit about how it was all done :)

Mootools (basically its another option for javascript) has a script that does the smooth scroll stuff - linky

How frustrated can I get haha.

So I've gone for the smoothScroll using mootools 1.2 that you gave the link for.

I have included the script for mootools 1.2
I have included the second script that allows it to go to the section on the page in a set time
and then included the link set up
but it still isn't working
It just jumps to the page....

Here are the respective coding (if anyone can help?)

<head>
<title>Hidden so no-one steals it before I buy it :( </title>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<script src="moo1.2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

window.addEvent('domready',function() {
//smooooooth scrolling enabled
new SmoothScroll({ duration:700 }, window);
});
</script>
</head>

<a href="#a">Link Title</a>
//This can be found at the top of the page

//This can be found at the bottom of the page
<a id="a" name="a" />

So it corectly snaps to a's position, but doesnt do it with the smoothness that it should do.

Any ideas or mistakes?

Thanks
/sigh

Mark

Are there awards for biggest idiot?

I had copied the insert code across, and didnt realise that the numbers were kept in it, then after 100x's of checkng saw it... :(

fixed

Back