bit of a background problem..

bamme

hi everyone

i was tweaking a webpage and seem to have messed up my code, i have no idea how to get it back the way it was or what i did to change it!

i have an old version, but the problem is it doesnt include half the text content and a few changes i made before messing up the page..

the new (messed up) page with text content:
Victory Composites Ltd

the old (correct looking) page without the text content updated:
Victory Composites Ltd

if anyone can see, the alignment is wrong now. the thing i was trying to change is the mismatched background/div ends - as outlined in my attachment

i am happy to send across any/all files needed to be looked and and would be very grateful of the help

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 11
personally I didn't seee that problem anywhere Emma :) I checked it in 4 different browsers :)

chrismitchell said:
personally I didn't seee that problem anywhere Emma :) I checked it in 4 different browsers :)

same, hence not saying anything as I couldn't see a problem

hi guys, thanks for checking it, but there is a prob!

attached is a screenshot highlighting the problem - i zoom out on my screen, and scroll right to the edge of the right hand side of the page. the background of the cream coloured area does not reach the edge of the page whilst the grey area does, leaving an ugly overlap and a white patch.

is anyone willing to take a look into the css if i were to send them the file?? or i could attach the files to a new message.. ill do that..

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi Emma,

Try changing line 118 from width:100% to width:auto within the block below -

#header .inside {
width:100%;
padding-left:100px;
background-color:#20221B;
}

to

#header .inside {
width:auto;
padding-left:100px;
background-color:#20221B;
}

That should do the trick

thanks that was exactly what was needed :)

can i ask what width:auto does? thanks, emma x

renniks said:
same, hence not saying anything as I couldn't see a problem

renniks can i just ask very quickly - completely off topic but what is that food substance in your pic??

Oh thankyou, jazajay almost like 'inherit'??

And it looks like a good pancake renniks heh thanks for clarifying i did wonder!

Emma

Back