Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birthday present idea help

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by HippySunshine, Aug 24, 2010.

1. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

I hate buying presents for boys as its so difficult.

It's my brothers 28th next Friday, he likes football, beer, poker, movies, fishing.. the usual boy stuff really.

I normally just give him cash but I feel that's a bit un-thoughtful.
    Anyone have any ideas?

:confused:

2. davewill

davewill Senior Member

hmm, what about a TV DVD box set? I got Entourage box sets for Christmas and really enjoyed them! Then my brother got me season 1 and 2 of Mad Men for my Bday and im slowly working my way through them, and its a really good show.

Or what about a cool Tshirt? Theres some great shops now, and websites that do really nice designs for a decent price.
    ________
    Laguna Bay II Condos Prathumnak

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

something from firebox maybe?

alternative things
    bonsai tree
    range of alcoholic drinks to try (not usual stuff)
    fishing line/tackle etc
    get him a new movie or box set as suggested - try to widen horizons with 'different' type of movie

Although having said that I'm 30 and to be honest if he's anything like me he won't be too bothered about lack of a present.

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

The Inbetweeners season 1/2 box set.

Great laugh and only a tenner.

Jeez Levi...fishing tackle...a bonsai tree...bet it's wild in your house. You krazy guy, you.

Booze is always a good stand by.

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Well personally I'd rather have a bonsai tree (a decent one is over £100 with some easily reaching over £1000) than a few pints of beer etc (ignoring I'm teetotal).

Fishing tackle etc soon adds up you know.

And besides, you don't have to have fun with ALL presents, sometimes something that is functional or you can get a use out of is better than something that will be gone by the end of the day ie booze.

Personally, even though I suggested it (albeit in a try new stuff way) I see booze as a present as pretty boring and obvious, especially considering you can go and get it yourself any day of the week.

But then again I couldn't see the point in presents once I hit 25 as most things in 'present' range I'd just go and buy it myself if I wanted it.

6. Thewholehogg

yer right.....;)

Attached Files:

7. Tony

Tony Member

What team does he support?

Does he have a PS3/360/Wii?

What is your budget?

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

9. LOL glad to help Mike :lol:

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

youve made my life easier thats for sure!

now I need a present for a 26 girl and 28 girl, oh and my brother, however I might get him this...

11. LOL @ Murder she wrote :lol:

well for the girls.. it really depends on the relationship between you and them :)

12. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

now that is an interesting story...

I kid, one of them has been my friend since I was 15, however she has gotten old and boring over the last year, and the other I was best man at her wedding.

13. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

3 words: Football Mini Fridge!

[​IMG]

Apparently that one can work off the car's cigaret lighter... not sure the availability of a cold beer while in the car is a particularly good idea!

14. Thewholehogg

It's my birthday on the 30th Jim...I'll have one of those bad boys.
    Nowt wrong with a cold on whilst driving. Looks cool on the dash.