Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Indiejim, Mar 29, 2011.
Take it easy please haha!:icon_biggrin:
Working with graphics like this is quite a tricky technique I think.
Using recognisable symbols to communicate a message instantly takes some doing.
A few things strike me about this design:
1. The betting shop icon doesn't work for me, I think something more recognisable is needed here.
2. The equals sign is huge and knocks the balance of the piece off for me. Everything looks like it leans to the left.
3. The mugs, well, I think you only need one mug personally, and I also think it needs looking at. What about the mug you see on a roadside sign for service stations? Would that work?
4. Don't needs an apostrophe.
5. The font isn't communicating for me either, especially that little web address down the bottom right, it's tiny and very tricky to read.
I'm sorry if that sounds like I'm pulling your design apart, but it's really not. They're only a few small points, fair enough there's five, but they're not huge changes needing to be made. If you even decide to change anything. Just my C+C.
1) The 'betting shop icon' is really just text. I was looking to put something in that space but had no idea's to be honest.
2) Fair point the '=' sign is on the large side and could do with reduction.
3) Thinking about it now 1 mug is probably better suited. However I have no idea what the roadside smug sign looks like ?
4) Easy one to fix. Thanks for pointing out.
5) Was really just trying to use a bold yet simple font to get the point across.
Thanks again though:icon_thumbup:
No hassle at all. I'd still give that betting shop icon some consideration though. Also, I'd lose all the drop shadows, they went out with the ark I believe.
The font fix, I don't think its bold or simple enough. It's a serif font and I'd be tempted to go with something sans-serif, Helvetica, Futura or something along those lines.
As far as the roadside cup sign goes, hang on, I'll find it
something like that cup? although if you're trying to communicate mug, that's maybe something a bit different.
that might do it, just get into Illustrator and knock yourself one up?
Separate names with a comma.