• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Billboard Advertising. Anyone got any experience?

bigdave

Staff member
I've taken on a client who is requesting pricing for advertising on a 48sheet billboard in York.

Firstly do we have any members who know where there are ad spaces that big within the City or know who I should contact?

Does anyone know if its even possible to hire just a single billboard (my research so far says not).

And finally who should I contact?

Spot the boards you would like - take a note of the relevant ID code and owner - will be marked below / above / to the side - then contact direct.

Usually they are booked months in advance with on-going campaigns - small advertisers are not generally liked and pay big premiums (unless an unpopular location).

bigdave

Staff member
Cheers,

My research so far suggests that billboards cost in excess of £250 each per week with a minimum booking of 500 billboards (£125,000 per fortnight) so I'm guessing this is going to be a non starter.

bigdave

Staff member
Cheers for that.

The client recons they have found a local firm who can supply them a billboard at £2000 for four two week blocks so I'm letting them get on with it. He thinks this price includes the design and print of the poster.... I think he's going to be very disapointed when he realises that 48 sheet billboard posters costs in excess of £150 each plus design costs!

bigdave

Staff member
It's not people. Its person! He has huge ideas, a real knack for seeing opportunity but unfortunately deep pockets and very short arms!

I seem to spend at least 20 mins a day telling him that the latest idea won't be cheap but he never listens. He generally gets a quote from me, finds a cowboy to do it for half the price, gets ripped off then comes back scratching his head. He's slowly learning that the only thing you get dirt cheap is dirt.