Best & Worst fonts ever

twiggy8520

Just wondering what people think are the best (and worst fonts) i know comic sans and helvetica are going to be mentioned and awful lot. Anyway my favorites are Akzidenz Grotesk and Din Alternate. Both beautiful fonts.

My faves:
Futura, Frutiger and Helvetica in that order...

I have a hatred of:
Comic Sans, Impact, Rage Italic, Papyrus... also, Arial, only because the kerning always looks out when compared with Helvetica and Univers

Best font name imo:
Junior & Stinky.

I like simple ones personally (like Arial and Tahoma) :) either that or I make my own :)

Faves:
Times, Caslon, Trade Gothic, Frutiger, Helvetica, Din

Hates:
Any Brush Script Font or Comic variation, Souvenir, Cooper

anyone been to UrbanFonts.com and checked out the font "I Hate Comic Sans"?

The font is a variation of Comic Sans.

Genius!

iEthan said:
I hate Comic Sans (naturally). I just love Egyptian 505 BT and Cambria.

Comic Sans does have its place....

I love Franklin Gothic.....or Helvetica for san-serifs and Minion for serif! :cool:

There are many more....yay for fonts!

lol, it was originally designed to be used in speech bubbles in comic books. I do pre-press work for graphic novels, cartoons etc and card games. My clients request that I use comic sans and thus I do because it (and fonts like it) are the most appropriate.

Best:
Univers, Frutiger, Avenir, Fette Fraktur, Adobe Garamond, Cochin, Courier New, Didot, Gotham, ITC Giovanni, Soho

Worst: REZ, Comic Sans, Arial, Eurostile

a few more from me:
Best: Pistilli Roman (thinking of getting ampersand tattooed on my arm its that nice), Gill Sans, Univers

Worst: Papyrus, Comic Sans, Curlz MT, Kristen ITC

PeterBarlow said:
lol, it was originally designed to be used in speech bubbles in comic books. I do pre-press work for graphic novels, cartoons etc and card games. My clients request that I use comic sans and thus I do because it (and fonts like it) are the most appropriate.

This is what I should start telling everyone. Don't knock Comic Sans—it has its uses. The problem is that it tends to be particularly popular among people searching for fonts with a little more 'personality' then Times New Roman...this is why many shipped fonts (Impact, Papyrus) are so despised, because they get overused.

Favourites: News Gothic, Requiem, and Georgia's probably my favourite web font.
Headache-inducing: Papyrus (it's everywhere!), Impact (unsubtle and ugly).

Back